Why Hire a Professional?
- State of the Art Equipment: While it’s possible to buy pressure washing equipment from Lowes and Wal-Mart, the quality of the equipment may not be great – making it difficult to clean and manage. Professional pressure washers come with their own state-of-the-art pressure washing equipment, capable of cleaning all types of surfaces to remove dirt, mold and mildew.
- Environmentally-Safe: Professional power washers follow strict EPA regulations and guidelines regarding run-off water, preventing clean water contamination. They also use environmentally-safe chemicals to minimize the negative impact pressure washing can have on the climate.
- Licensed & Insured: If a home gets destroyed under a DIY pressure wash, homeowners insurance may not cover the damage. However, a professional pressure washing company carries their own insurance to pay for damages should they occur during the service.
- Experienced & Time-Efficient: Professional power washers are highly experienced and are able to thoroughly clean in a time-efficient manner. Not only are they able to quickly power wash homes, but power wash correctly.
Pressure Cleaning Q & A
When is the best time to have your home, deck, or dock pressure cleaned and stained?
Pressure cleaning can be done anytime the temperature is above freezing. Staining requires a temperature above 52 degree to cure properly. Customers frequently ask if Spring or Fall is best for maintenance of their home/dock. Spring and Fall are both good seasons for these services; however, its mainly a personal preference. Most prefer the spring in preparation for the summer months.
Do New Decks Need to be Sealed??
Yes. To ensure that the deck continues to look good with minimal splintering and discoloration, the deck should be sealed as soon as it becomes stabilized within its environment. This usually means waiting a few weeks after the deck is completed before sealing.
Why is it important to follow power washing with staining?
Staining is important because it’s your decks protection from the elements. Staining seals the wood to lock out moisture and provides protection from the sun which breaks down the wood and produces an ideal environment for mold and mildew. Over time, without protection, the wood will rot and split. Staining also enhances the beauty and luster of your deck. You can preserve the natural look of your deck with a clear solution or you can add color by using a semi-transparent, semi-solid, or a solid stain.
How much will it cost to wash my house?
Most POPULAR question! We look at every job. There are many factors that are taken into consideration when pricing a cleaning project. Cost will vary depending on things like the sub-strait you are cleaning, accessibility, landscape packages, size of the job, etc. Give us a shout, the quote is FREE!
Can you use the water from the lake?
YES, We can pump directly from the lake, however we prefer using a fresh water source but when it’s not available we come prepared.
Do you provide your own water?
YES, we do carry our own water for projects that do not have a water source or have a weak well. Please let us know if there are water source complications when bidding on your project.
Can you clean my low maintenance composite decking?
Composite is low maintenance yes, zero maintenance no. Anything left outside in this area’s humidity and sun will get dirty. Your care gets dirty sitting in your driveway and so does your deck/dock & house. We can clean all composites without doing any damage, brightening its appearance and remove the mold/mildew properly. If you were a victim of some of the first generation composites that stained or faded, we can even stain them to bring them back and give them a fresh new look!
How often should I have my home cleaned?
Power Washing 101
Pressure Washing Contractor : When searching for a contractor to wash your property, price should not be the first consideration. After all this is and can be Your Largest Investment. Questions that you should ask are:
- Is your company Insured?
- What cleaning methods do you use?
- What type of detergents will you be using?
- Do you have a list of references?
- Do you guarantee your work?
Pressure Washer : Most people think that pressure is all it takes to clean their home, False!! Even small consumer type pressure washers can cause great damage by forcing water behind vinyl siding, damaging painted surfaces, window screens, and damaging thermo-pane window seals.
Bleach : Is a byproduct of electrified salt water. It is a strong oxidizing chemical, that by itself should never be used to wash your home.
Warning Flags : $75.00 House Washes!, I’ll Beat Anybodies Price! While these claims sound too good to pass up, be careful!!! Unfortunately there are people out there making these statements. Usually they are inexperienced, Not Insured, under equipped, and poorly trained. What turned out to be a good deal, could, can and will cost you hundreds of dollars in the long run.